Livestreams to Help Cope with Being Quarantined

Courtesy of popcrush.com

Aliyah Hernandez, Staff Writer

As many of us are adjusting to staying home, many artists are taking their concerts and celebrations online due to the COVID-19. With large gatherings still not allowed, you can now watch in the safety and comfort of your home. Below is a list of confirmed livestreams along with their special guests and time and date.

May 15
Facebook and Instagram will have a Celebrate the Class of 2020 livestream event at 11AM Pacific Time. Facebook and Instagram will honor the high school and college seniors who would graduate this year. Oprah Winfrey will be the commencement speaker, along with special guests Miley Cyrus, who will perform her song “The Climb” and Lil Nas X, who will be offering words of encouragement to the seniors. The event will be livestreamed of Facebook.
Katy Perry will be answering a Q&A Live and singing her new song “Daisies” for the first time with Amazon Music at 1: 00 P.M Eastern Time.
Mötley Crüe will be hosting a virtual watch party of their biopic, The Dirt (which can be seen of Netflix) at 7 P.M Eastern Time. The band will also have special guests and be having a special commentary using the #stayhomesweethome hashtag on Twitter.

May 16
Roberta Flack will be a listening party for her songs. The live event will be streamed on RHINO’s YouTube channel at 3:00 PM Eastern Time. The event will also benefit Feed the Children, an organization that helps feed hungry children and families all over the world.
Artists Jason Marz, and Simon Fuller’s new band Now United will be tapped to perform at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles 4th annual Walk and Play L.A. Presented by Disney. The event will be streamed on Facebook at 11:30 Eastern Time. All their funds will go to the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. Participants can even choose to donate to the hospitals COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund. In order to sign up, you must go to the website here.

May 18
Bon Jovi, Dolly Parton, Jordan Fisher and other Broadway stars/artists will be performing for “A Night Of Covenant House Stars, which will encourage the youth and support them through this trying time. The event will be start at 8:00 PM Eastern Time and will be streamed on Amazon Prime Video, Broadway on Demand, iHeartRadio Broadway, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, and Stars in the House.

May 21
Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, OneRepublic, Ellie Goulding, Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers, Sam Smith, James Taylor, Meghan Trainor and Tina: The Tina Turner Musical’s Adrienne Warren are all set to perform for this year’s Red Nose Day Special, which begins at 9 p.m. on NBC. Ben Stiller, Courtney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, and Adam Scott will also appear, for an hour-long show.

May 24
The annual National Memorial Day Concert will be livestreamed this year, honoring front line and military heroes. Guest stars include: Gen. Colin Powell, Cynthia Erivo, Renee Fleming, Trace Adkins, CeCe Winans, Kelli O’Hara, Mary McCormack, the National Symphony Orchestra, Christopher Jackson, Sam Elliott, Laurence Fishburne and Esai Morales. The event will begin at 8:00 PM Eastern Time and will be streamed on Facebook, YouTube and PBS.

June 6
Lady Gaga, BTS and Barack Obama will appear on YouTube’s “Dear Class of 2020” virtual commencement to give speeches for the event. Alicia Keys, Kelly Rowland, and many more will appear. The schedule is to be announced on May 17. The event will be streamed on YouTube.